Importance of Record Keeping
It is important to keep track of the following for a variety of reasons.
- Worming – every 3 months
- Health Checks
- Micro Chip numbers and information
- Keep a pet file with all your other important information for easy access, and put reminders on your phone or Google calendar to remind when worming is due.
- If you ever need to put your pet in a kennel they will require proof of a C5 vaccination.
- For your families health and that of your pet it is a good idea to regularly worm you pet.
- Regular health checks can save money in the long run.
- If you ever have to surrender your pet, providing the microchip number and health records makes re-housing simpler.
- Vaccination has to be given at least 2 weeks prior to admission to a kennel
Local dog trainers
Barco – community dog training based in the north of Byron Shire. Email email@example.com Phone 0429 518 817 or 0447 975 201.
Barco is a voluntary not for profit organisation who run dog obedience classes to teach people how to be responsible dog owners. Training sessions are each Sunday morning starting at 9am at Brunswick Heads sports fields. If you are fostering a Byron Dog Rescue dog the training is free for that dog. For all other dog owners, once the $20 yearly registration fee is paid, the only other cost is only $5 each time you attend training.